- One unsliced loaf of sourdough french bread (the "sourdough" is more important than the "french"--it has the heartiness to hold up to the cheese; if it is a smaller loaf, use two loaves; most sourdough bread is soy-free!)
- 6 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 8 oz tub whipped butter (I use about 5-6 oz butter, and I usually use regular softened butter that I whip)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Slice the loaf of bread horizontally as if to make a giant sub sandwich. Mix the rest of the ingredients together into the whipped butter. Spread the mixture onto both sides of the bread, put the two sides together, and cut into slices. Wrap the entire loaf in aluminum foil.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes--until the cheese is all melted and the crust is crispy. If you're putting it in the oven from the fridge, add an extra 10 minutes or so.