Recipes for kids abroad. Homeschool and Afterschooling for kids at home.

FOOD!!! Yes, I need pictures! My recipes need pictures around them to identify instead of just a title. They are tweaked to work for us in terms of ease, ingredients frequently on hand, real or pure ingredients(for the most part), our family taste, and usually SOY-FREE or easily adapted to be SOY-FREE. SOY-FREE tagged recipes still mean you have to know what ingredients you are putting in are truly SOY-FREE and even if is was SOY-FREE in the past, you have to check it each time you buy it. Ingredients change frequently and can even be different from store to store or expiration date to expiration date for the same product. Homeschool and Afterschooling notes and ideas are here too. I'll probably separater the blog later, but for now, this is the place for family and friends to look. Time Impaired Living has many definitions that I may update as time goes on or doesn't. To begin with, I'll say that Time Impaired includes time lost because of the schedule of a wonderfully dynamic family. It also includes the nonexistent sense of time when disability kicks in.
To see or print the recipes, Mouse over the image and you can enlarge the recipe. You can also enlarge it a second time.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Family Night Charts

This past weekend at Taft's house for Lilly's baptism, I saw our old Family Night Chart from years ago growing up.  It was a long cut out of a train for a family night chart that I'm pretty sure had hooks eventually for all 11 of us.  Papa cut it out of an old piece of plywood and we helped paint it.  The hooks were just teacup hooks and Mormor cut out circles from old margarine lids and wrote our names on them that we would move each week. 

Mormor put it up high enough on the wall so the older ones could change it but the little ones wouldn't constantly change it.

Grandma and Grandma had a flower pot with flowers that changed for each Family Night assignment.

Go figure, my family had a train for a chart with all the boys and mom's family had a flower pot with all the girls.

The template here is for what became our Family Night chart.  As I post it right now, it is kind of ironic that I took a broken clock to make our Family Night Chart since my sense of time is pretty much a broken clock.

Well.... I took a broken clock and cut out a circle with the assignments on the back and glued it in place.  Next I cut out a smaller circle with the names and pictures for each of us placing it over the minute hand so that it rotated when we used the thin
g on back to change the time.  I don't know if I'm explaining it right but its worked pretty well for us for years.  When I get to the point of taking a picture and uploading it, I'll attach a picture of it. 

So... Mom grew up with a flower pot... I grew up with a train... My kids grew up and are growing up with a broken clock... what will each of my children use for their kids???  I wonder what each of Mom and my sibblings use for their charts???

If any family gets a chance to take a picture of your own family night charts, I would love to post them.

No comments: